"The Hot Flash," A Cocktail Worth Heating Up Over
Pause Well-Aging | August 20, 2021
Considering Pause Well-Aging was born out of the ashes of a hot flash, it was only fitting that we created a specialty cocktail of the same name for our launch back in June 2019. Now, it's time for us to share this little slice of heaven with everyone.
This cocktail is our take on a *spicy* margarita. It's the perfect sweet mixed with spice. Just like all of us at Pause 😉 .
P.S. We know that alcohol can trigger hot flashes for many women and even some men, so before you cheers to *insert awesome thing here,* don't forget to have your cooling mist nearby for a spritz of cooling relief. You want to enjoy your drink, right?!
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2 ounces El Padrino tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar/syrup
- Garnish: salt rim
- Garnish: jalapeno coin
- Start with "salt all around the rim, rim, rim" on your glass
- If you're fancy and want to use a cocktail shaker, this is the way for you...or if you just want to pour it all into a glass then muddle/stir, you go, girl!
- Fill your shaker with ice cubes (to your liking).
- Add the te-te-te-quila!
- Add the triple sec
- Add lime juice
- Add some agave nectar/syrup (yummmmm!)
- Add some orange juice or liqueur
- LASTLY, add that kick: The jalapeno slice! Muddle her! (do NOT forget to remove the seeds!)
- Close that shaker, turn on "Hey Ya!" by Outkast, and shake it like a polaroid picture. (Which, as it turns out, is actually not a good thing to do to your polaroid film!)
- Strain your beautiful marg into your glass.
- Add a lime wedge, jalapeno slice and cilantro to make it photograph worthy.
There you have it – THE Hot Flash.
Enjoy your marg and have an extra one for us! Don't forget to tag us on social so we can see your beautiful creation!